Monday, October 17, 2011

Other Not New News

Apparently sidewalks are optional around these parts.  Sometimes I'll be walking along, and suddenly, this house decides that there's no need to have a sidewalk here.  Let's let nature take its course up to the road.  There might be some merit to this idea, but I'd imagine that grass isn't what would grow naturally here.  So I don't know what to make of it.

I knew that this no sidewalk craze was possible in France, but that's France.  Their roads are so small, sometimes it would be frightening to have a person and a car on the path at the same time.  (Please reference forthcoming post on Marseille.)

I don't know if it's because I'm living next to a park that is WAY more giant than the park I lived next to at home (even though the park--Rock Creek Park--was put into place so that black folk wouldn't be able to live so close to the white folk back in the day.  True Story.), but it's super green here.  It's easy to forget how green the rest of the country is compared to California/Los Angeles.  And for those of you who think it's the pollution thing, it's not!  We can't grow so much green in a desert climate.  Think about it.

I went on a walk for the favorite Halloween decoration:


Spooky Scary Skeletons,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment