Sunday, October 16, 2011

News that Isn't New

Running in Washington, D.C. is waaay harder than running around my beloved L.A.
a. HILLS.  Every time I map a run online, I try to figure out how to best avoid hills.  Maybe I'm a pathetic runner who only likes flat surfaces.  Maybe I'm lazy.  Maybe I really care about my body and don't want to hurt my knees and things--actual effects of running up and down hills!  Maybe it's all three.
b. HUMIDITY.  It basically rained every single day last week.  And when it wasn't raining, the air was oozing with moisture that made me so sweaty that when I laid down to do some sit ups, my eyes stung from the amount of sweat that was rolling into them.  This blog has become much more graphic than the one in France.  A reflection of American vs. French culture?  Discuss.

I had this lovely idea of taking and posting a picture every day that I went for a run.  But then I updated my iPhone and the picture from the first one was lost.  Aaand I made a dog friend on my first run, but when I got back to photograph him (a golden!), his owner came and brought him inside.  As flattered as I would have been if someone had asked for a picture of my dogs, I would have been equally creeped out.  So I decided to just surreptitiously sneak a photo some other time.  Not creepy?  On verras.  (We'll see.)

People around here really seem to love Halloween.  Or, at the very least, autumn.  There are decorations up all over the place.  It's so different from home, especially since there are actual leaves and ambiance that make the place feel all Hocus Pocus-y.  I'll have to try to get a photo of my favorite spooky decorations so far.  I think everyone will enjoy it.

Also, guess who got an offer on only her second interview (Friday) and is meant to start Monday.  That girl also accepted it, but is having second thoughts, so she'll be making some decisions soon?

Madrid post is in the works!
Zaaaaaachary!  Zachary Binx!
Jess


No comments:

Post a Comment