Sunday, November 6, 2011

Fancy Pants

I've already lamented this situation to a few people (Mom, Dad, Lilly, Stephi).  It's not really lamentable, I'm just dumb.  Anyway, Nana and her friend Jan are fancy pants.  So Jan does PR for the National Women's History Museum, and they are having a fundraiser on November 16.  Here's the link: Click Me.  I'll give you time to look it over.  Done?  Meryl Streep is going to be there.  Meryl!  Only the Prada Wearing Devil herself!  Naturally, I was very excited.  Until I realized I would actually have to be clothed at this event, and then I grew petrified.  And so I went out shopping yesterday looking for something to wear to this shindig.
       It took me five hours of going to Loehmann's, Nordstrom Rack, J. Crew, Anthropologie (also the first Anthropologie Accessories only store I've ever seen), Banana Republic (hoping some of the Mad Men line would still be available), Gap (not with actual belief in its ability to deliver), Talbots, White House Black Market, and Bloomingdales, but I found something.  And now I can quit griping about it.
       On Thursday night, I went to an event about women in media with Nana and Jan at the Sewall-Belmont House, which I had never heard of before.  It's the headquarters of the National Woman's Party, so after the event, which was all about women in the media, I took a walk around the museum fo frizzle.  It's full of artifacts from the women's movement including suffragette things.  MOST IMPORTANTLY, though, it has a Joan of Arc statue.  Best.
     This morning I killed this bug that was chilling on the wall.  It took me about 15 minutes to do so since it was so big and unlike any bug I'd ever seen before.  Look at all of its legs!  I tried to count them before I terminated it.  After the death, I went online and looked up bug with 26 legs (apparently I missed 4 of them) and discovered that it is a house centipede and is actually a very helpful bug that kills heaps of household pests, including roaches.  Too late.
    Very interesting information to be found, though.  Legs can detach. Legs administer venom.  Where would I be without Wikipedia?

Buggering off now,
Jess

P.S. See what I did there?

3 comments:

  1. Why did we get a picture of a bug and not a picture of your outfit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. a picture will come when i have gone to the event! i don't want to spoil everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm wayyy late, but: I love your blog. That's all1

    ReplyDelete