Friday, September 24, 2010

So i lied...

I'm not in france right now. Instead, I'm at the airport. Wanted to quell the fears that I'd be sleeping in a gutter. Got this email from Marc (my contact at the high school) this morning:
Hello Jessica
Just a short email to let you know that i managed to get keys from the school, so you can stay there this weekend! i'll meet you tomorrow at 2:00 pm at the train station in Culoz.
Hope the trip is ok.
Talk to you soon.
Marc

Calloo! Callay!

I'm checked in and waiting at the gate right now. I had planned to be super spartan/european and only bring 2 bags filled 3/4 each. Jokes on jokes. Who was I kidding? They're both full. (I can't help forgetting that I needed to pack a peacoat!) Also, I got to the airport and was dismayed to discover that I'm only allowed one bag without charge. Already, I feel like a gluttonous American. I'm currently devising ways to downsize before I return...
Fatly,
Jess

1 comment:

  1. Peacoat?! We all know it's the inordinate amount of cardigans you have. Glad you're not a gluttonous AND homeless American!

    ReplyDelete